Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Penny Black - Nature's Wishes

I saw a video on-line that showed how to bleach and watercolor a stamped image and I was inspired to try it out!  I started with Baja Breeze cardstock by Stampin' Up.  It's one of the colors that retired this year, but it bleached out really well, almost to white!  I used cute little bird images from the Penny Black set called Nature's Wishes and a Whippersnapper stamp called Birdie Bath.  I stamped and embossed them with white EP then I used bleach to lighten the inside areas of the image.  When the bleach was dry I used Stampin' Up markers to watercolor them.  It was so much fun that I kept stamping and bleaching and stamping and bleaching and ended up making a bunch of cards!  Here is the first of the 3 card designs.  I'll post the 2nd one tomorrow and the 3rd on Thursday.  I even have a step by step tutorial for you so stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by!

Love,
Janet

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, I have to go and check on the other papers.  It was 2  
                    different 6 x 6 pads.  I'll list them here tomorrow.
Ink Pads: Versamark
Stamp: Penny Black - Nature's Wishes
Markers: Stampin' Up Real Red, Going Gray, Basic Gray, Summer Sun, Only Orange, 
                Green Galore, & Garden Green
Dies:  My Favorite Things Dienamics - Decorative Doily Duo, Spellbinders - Circles
Miscellaneous : White embossing powder, heat gun, bleach, Daffodil taffeta ribbon, birthday 
                           greeting on little tag was done on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment