Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Upholstery Background Technique

I made the background for this card using the Upholstery Technique.  It was a lot of fun making the backgrounds but when I tried to incorporate the finished piece into a card I ran into trouble.  I tend to make cutesy cards and they simply did not work on my background.  No matter what I did, I couldn't make it look right.  I finally pulled out my collage stamps and  came up with something I am pleased with!  I ended up using two different background pieces because I couldn't decide between them!! 






































If you are looking for something different...this might be something you would enjoy.  Thanks for stopping by!

Love,
Janet


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Paperbag Studios - Miss
               Clearly Impressed - Butterfly Girl
               Verses - Quit Playing
               Just for Fun - Clothespin 
Cardstock:  Bella Blvd. - #215 Sprinkles & Lace / Pickle Juice
                     Watercolor paper
Inks: Ranger Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Aged Mahogany
                                                 and Peeled Paint, Memories - Black 
Markers: Stampin' Up on a palette - Old Olive, More Mustard, Dusty Durango
                                                               and Real Rust 
Miscellaneous: Paint brush, Stamp Positioner, 










No comments:

Post a Comment