Saturday, June 29, 2013

Birthday Pup

Happy weekend!  I had to make a card for the Tuskawilla Tuesdays Challenge.  Here is the card sketch that we had to use...

















After looking at it for a while I decided to make a part that slides.  My friend, Susan, showed me a slider card that gave me the inspiration.  I think it came out pretty cute!  When I was finished, I realized that I wanted to use it for a birthday card and there was no place to put a check or a gift card, so I made a little pocket that is hidden on the sliding panel...the paper pack I was using had little circles with all different of numbers (ages) which was perfect for this card!!   Since I like cards that stand up...I added an easel stand on the back!  I used a Stampin' Up punch to make little tabs at the bottom so the inside doesn't slide right through!  Unfortunately, I went to find the name for this punch and realized it isn't in the new catalog, so it's been discontinued.  I better take good care of mine...I love this punch.  I wonder if anyone else is making one.






































Here is  how the card looks when it is open...






































I took a picture of the two pieces separated so you can see them better!






























Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Inky Antics - Delightful Dogs
Cardstock: My Mind's Eye - Lime Twist 6 x 6 Designer Paper Pad
                    Stampin' Up - Taken with Teal
Inks:  Momento - Tuxedo Black
Copics:  Fur:  YR20, YR21, YR24 & YR31
                Tongue: R22 & R24
                 Nose: W2 & W4
Dies:  The Cat's Pajamas Cut Ups - Inside Pinking Die
Miscellaneous: Tim Holtz - Easel Die, Stampin' Up rounded notch punch, 
                            Assorted circle punches for pull tab and
                            Close to my Heart- Waxy Flax

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those stamps, Janet - just my cup of tea and beautifully done. That slider card is a fab idea, too. You're full of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete