Thursday, May 2, 2013

Penny Black Hedgehogs

I tried my hand at a card sketch this week.  I used one of the adorable hedgehog stamps from Penny Black.  It's called "Ladybug Love".  I really like using Penny Black's animal scenes to make inches.  I've tried quite a few and they make cute humorous cards.  I thought I would do that with this stamp, but when I went to cut the one inch squares, I either cut off a head or cut out the lady bugs so it didn't work this time.  I decided to make them inch-tangular instead.  They are 1 inch at the top but rectangular in shape, which better suited the card sketch I was using!!  


I started with this card sketch by  Lydell Quin

























Thanks for stopping by and hope that you are stamping a little bit every day!

Supplies used:
Cardstock: 
     SU Taken with Teal, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Cougar Opaque, October Afternoon      Sidewalks 8x8 Pad, My Mind's Eye-Stella Rose Gertie Papers 6x6 Pad 
Stamps:
     Penny Black - Ladybug Love
Dies:  
     Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels 9, MFT Flower & Leaf Trio
Copics:
     E50,E00, E01, E02, E31, E57, E59
     BG 09, YG95, R27 &R37
Miscellaneous:
     Martha Stewart - Leaf punch, Crystal Lacquer, Chalks, Ranger Distress ink - Broken 
     China











1 comment:

  1. What a sweet design, the Hedgehogs are adorable.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete