Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Kind & Cozy

I had to make a challenge card for a small local group that I'm a member of.  They post 2 challenges at a time and you get to pick which one you want to do.  This time it was "make a card using sequins or Flower Soft"  and a Fusion sketch, where you had to use the card sketch, the theme or the color combo!  I decided to combine the 2 challenges into one card and this is what I came up with…






































It's a variation on the sketch, but I think it works!  I just got the Kind & Cozy set from Stampin' Up so I had to use that and I saw a great video tutorial on this fun fold by France Martin.  You can see it here if you want to try making one!  You should watch the video anyway because she has such a cute accent and way of saying things!  It makes me smile every time I watch it :)  The card is a tri-fold and doesn't stand up well on it's own so I added an easel to the back of it using Sizzix Bigz Easel Die by Tim Holtz. Here is what the card looks like when you open the first fold…







































…and the 2nd fold…






































And here is a picture of the Fusion Card Sketch that I used.  I think it's a fun take on card sketches.  Here's a link where you can find more…www.fusioncardchallenge.blogspot.com.  I love that they post lots and lots of sample cards for you to see!


Thanks for visiting!  Hope you have a good week :)
Janet

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Stampin' Up Kind & Cozy
Inks:  Stampin' Up markers
Dies : Spellbinders Circle and Scalloped Circle dies
Miscellaneous: sequins, washi tape

No comments:

Post a Comment