Monday, February 24, 2014

Floating Chicken

I wanted to try out embedded embossing technique that my friend, Kim found.  Though I liked the card samples I saw on line, they looked kind of flat so I decided to use this technique as a background and to build on top of it.  I've been feeling bad for people I know who live up in New England and are really tired of snow.  I thought a funny summer card with a message that it will be over soon might make them laugh so I used this floating chicken stamp from Whippersnapper and made a beach scene!  I glued paper together to make the water, sand, sky and sun background and them put it through my Big Kick using a Stampin Up embossing folder and then again using a swirly embossing folder.   Then I added the sand castle, pail and crab to it.  I made a spring with some wire and attached it behind the chicken so when you move the card she bobbles like she is really floating on water!!  




Here's another shot showing how much texture the embossing folders gave to the background.  I'm thrilled with the result!






































If you have some time or want to try something new…I think you would like this!


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Whippersnapper
Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Assorted Copics
Dies : Taylored Expressions wave die 

Miscellaneous: embossing folders, chalks, wire


Thanks for visiting,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment