Saturday, February 8, 2014

Card Tricks by Lindsay Ostrom

This post is about something brand new!  It's a product from Lindsay Ostrom called Card Tricks.  They are kind of like Digi stamps except that she sends them in sets through the mail.  You can purchase them on her Etsy store here.  The images are also being produced as rubber stamps by Rubbermoon!  You can get them wood mounted, cling or unmounted.  You can also get the wood mounted stamps at Lindsay's Etsy store.  All the images have been submitted but are currently in production so the stamps aren't all available yet.

I was very excited to be chosen to color some of the Card Tricks images and make them into cards.  They are adorable and fun to color and they work well with all the embellishment stuff I have in my stash…really…I couldn't wait to finish coloring so I could add glitter, buttons and jewels...little flowers and swirls and ribbon.  Can you tell I'm excited!

For the 1st card I used Copic markers to color.  I didn't keep track of the colors I used, but if you need to know, leave me a message and I'll figure it out.  Isn't she the cutest???  I loved the flowers in her hair so much that I decided to use a leafy vine die from My Favorite Things and a flower punch to make a matching embellishment for the bottom of the card!  I added a bit of glitter to the flower centers and the heart for a little sparkle!
 For the second card I colored with Prismacolor pencils because I like how they pop when you use them on Kraft card stock!  I also used Souffle and Glaze pens by Sakura.  The Souffle pens have an opaque ink that works really well on Kraft card stock, the white is my favorite.  The Glaze pens are great too because they add a bit of glossy shine.   I used the yellow and dark purple on this card.  Then I added MFT buttons, rhinestones and twine!!
 For the third card I used Copic markers again.  This little tree makes me happy and it was really easy to color.  I added some black Glaze pen to make the little dots pop and then I decided to add clear glitter to the leaves of the tree.  WOW…it is gorgeous!  This picture doesn't do it justice...

so I decided to take a close up in the hopes that you could see how amazing it is.  It's a little better but not even close to seeing it in person!







































The last card is another little girl.  Isn't she sweet?  I love her hair and the flowers in it and I love her striped stockings and the ball fringe on the bottom of her skirt!  Again I colored with Prismacolor pencils and used a Souffle pen for the white dots and a Glaze pen for the black dots.  I added yellow rhinestones to the flower center and to dot the "i" in thinkin' and I found some tiny red rhinestone hearts in my stash that were perfect on her blouse and to embellish the ribbon!





































Hopefully all the images will be available as stamps from Rubbermoon soon, but if you can't wait and you want to start coloring now…check out Lindsay's Etsy store and get yourself some Card Tricks to play with!!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Janet

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous work Janet... they all came out so great. Your color choices and the vibrants colors are incredible! Thanks so much for being a part of my coloring crew... one note, i have submitted all the art to Rubbermoon but not sure which ones will get chosen to become stamps or not. Fingers crossed that most do! Thanks again.... Lindsay

    ReplyDelete