Friday, December 27, 2013

Last Christmas Post this year

I do not know what happened this year!  It's only 6 PM on Christmas Eve and everything is done.  This is not me.  My Christmas Eve's are usually spent in a panic finishing things up and wrapping for tomorrow but I'm sitting here with nothing to do.  It is just weird!!   So I decided to post the last minute things that I finished up on Friday.  I always leave those final gift card holders, tags and candy treats till the end!!  I made Snowflake Mix and thanks to my friend Judy had two different ways of packaging it.   

The first is in a cellophane bag with a topper...








































The second way is in clear, sturdy quart sized plastic containers.  The little owl is from a Whippersnapper set by Anna Wight.  I used paper piecing to give him a Christmas striped scarf!  






































I always need one more gift so I have some gift card/ check holders ready.  This year I made some Z shaped cards.  I like this design because there is room for a sentiment and a little pocket that holds the gift card or check securely.  For this one I used a sentiment stamp and surrounded it with the holly and berries from the Stampin' Up set Watercolor Winter.  The snowflakes were made with a die from Impression Obsession.  It's my favorite, the snowflakes are beautiful and intricate but small enough to fit perfectly on a card!






































This is what the card looks like opened.  I put a ribbon and bow on the pocket to make it look like a little gift package!



For the second card I used a funny stamp from Eat Cake Graphics.  I just love the look on the little boy's face! It makes me laugh every time I look at it!


Here is what the card looks like opened...















I hope you got all of your crafting done in time without the stress that sometimes comes with it and I hope that you had a delightful holiday!!

Thanks for visiting,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment