Sunday, December 8, 2013

Angel Gabriel - LOTV

I just love shadow box cards.  I don't know for sure what it is that I like about them but they make me happy.  The Angel Gabriel stamp from Lilli of the Valley reminded me of Nativity plays and since shadow box cards look kind of like a stage, they were a perfect match!



I used Copics to color the image and then cut the pieces for the shadow box.  You can view a Splitcoaststampers video tutorial by Dawn Griffith here.  I wanted to give my "stage" a primary school feeling and I thought the star border from My Favorite Things was perfect!  I finished the card off with a little clear glitter and a computer generated sentiment.  Here's a close up of the inside of the card...







































I also put a sentiment on the back of the card since this kind of card doesn't have an inside!







































I hope this gave you some ideas or inspired you to make a shadow box card!  Thanks for stopping by.  

Janet



No comments:

Post a Comment