Monday, March 28, 2016

Watercolor Background

I've continued to work on my watercolor backgrounds and I'm liking my results more and more.  It's true what they say about practice!  I liked the results I got with my Peerless watercolors best but I found that I was using a lot of the pigment to make a pretty background.  So for this card, I tried using some reinkers and I was really happy with how it came out.  The colors are so bright...it makes you feel happier just looking at them!  I used a border die from Memorybox in white at the bottom of the card.  I couldn't find it on their website, but I found another one called Martingale border that would be just as pretty.  You can find it here.  Here is my card...


The Sending is a die from Simon Says Stamp.  It comes in a set with a Wishing die.  There are coordinating stamp sets too with lots of great words that go with the sending and the wishing!  The words I used are from the Wishing set.  Here is a close up that shows how the fun foam gives dimension to the delicate die. 


Sequins and a washi tape border strip finish things off!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Janet 



1 comment: