Monday, March 21, 2016

Stampin' Up Garden in Bloom

Last week I got to participate in a Project Day with my group of stamping friends!  Angela organized and a few of us did projects...it's my favorite kind of day!  We started off with lunch at Crispers and then moved on to making pretty things!  For my project I used the Garden in Bloom set by Stampin' Up.  I love the big flower in this set and had to have it.  I know it's a 2 step stampin' set, but I love to watercolor the big flower...easy and fun!!  The card I made was inspired by one I found on Pinterest that was made by Diane Dimich.  You can check out her blog here. I've been having a great time using fun foam to raise my die cuts up so her card really appealed to me...and I had to share how cool this technique is with my friends...right?!!  I didn't have the inks she used so I used Lovely Lilac, Strawberry Slush, Gable Green and Summer Sun. Here's my card...







































Isn't it cool how the "hello" melts into the flower design but stands out?  I love it and it is a snap when you use fun foam to pop the sentiment up!  I used black fun foam for this card.  I have a few more examples of this technique that I will be posting in the next few days :)

Because it's difficult for more than 2 or 3 people to share ink pads for 2 step stamping at the same time, I had another little project for those who were waiting.  I used the same stamp set to make little gift enclosures and I let them try using Inktense pencils and Zig Clean Color Brush Markers to color them.  Both are relatively new to me and I'm really enjoying them.  I think it's the vibrant colors I can get from them that makes me like them so well.  The card on the left was done with Inktense Pencils and the one on the right with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers.








It's weird how the cards in the photo look like they are different sizes.  They are both the same...3 x 3. Here is a peek at the inside of the little card.  I added a black squiggle from the  Stampin Up Tin of Cards set.  I bought the set because of that little squiggle, and I use it all the time!!


 Angela, Mary and Tina provided projects, too, and they were all wonderful!  I am so lucky to have such a talented generous group of friends.  They make life good!  Here are their projects...

A beautiful floral by Angela.  The stamp is from Hero Arts...







































A colorful birthday card by Mary...






































And a calorie-free cupcake and candle by Tina...






































The candle holder, candle and matches store in the little drawer underneath!!


I told you they were wonderful!!  I hope you enjoyed hearing about our day and seeing what we made!!  Thanks for stopping by!

Janet   

No comments:

Post a Comment