Friday, March 25, 2016

Everything Old is New Again

I hate to admit it, but in my stamp room, I have a big box of project bags containing half finished projects. I made the original card and had great plans to make some extras for my stash but then life got in the way so I stored all of the materials in a bag until I could get back to it...and never did!  (Please tell me I'm not alone in this!) One of my stamping resolutions this year is to finish these projects or toss them.  The card below is one of those projects.  I used to LOVE embossing with brass stencils and a light box!  Since the creation of embossing folders and the Big Shot, I haven't done much with my brass stencils but this card made me miss them and want to play with them again!






































I've heard that brass stencils can be embossed with a Big Shot but I'm not sure of the sandwich order.  I'm going to do a search to see if I can find it.  That would be so much quicker than using a light box and a stylus!  Here's a close up of the flower bouquet.






































All of the supplies were from Lasting Impressions.  I couldn't find the papers or the stencil that I used here, but there were lots of really pretty new ones!

Thanks for visiting,
Janet
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Janet! A couple of days ago I found some full and part coloured images in a box which I'm just putting to good use now so I know exactly what you mean. Have fun rediscovering them. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet. I'd like to post your card on Lasting Impressions' Blog and mine personal one if it's ok. I will add your name to the post. Let me know. DNDLANE@aol.com

    ReplyDelete