Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pink and Lacy

I had some friends over to make cards today.  I did three projects.  Here is the first one.  I used a cute retired set from Stampin' Up called Sweet Summer.  I think pink and white lace are perfect together so decided to use both on my card.  I didn't have any designer paper that I liked with the flower stamp I used so I made my own using a scroll background stamp from Hero Arts.  It needed some pink to make it match the flowers so I added dots with a single dot stamp from Printworks.  I can't believe how often I use that little stamp but I seem to be grabbing in all the time!


Here's a close up of the flowers.  I used Copics to color them.  I didn't use traditional blending groups, but the colors blended very well and made coloring easy.   I used Spellbinders dies to make the pink frame around the flowers. 


I kept the pink and lace theme going to the inside of the card.   


Thanks for stopping by!
Janet

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up: Pink Passion & Mellow Moss, Cougar Opaque White
Stamps:  Stampin' Up Sweet Summer, Hero Arts Florentine Scroll Background, Printworks Single Dot
Inks:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Distress Inks: Bundled Sage, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry
Copics:  Flowers:  R29, RV04 & RV32
              Leaves: YG67, G82 & YG11
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 17
Miscellaneous: Stampin' Up Pearls, white & silver twine, foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Janet! Your colouring is just lovely, the flowers look so pretty. The swirl background with the added dots is perfect for your card design.
    Did you get my message? If you don't want the stamp that's not a problem :-). Hope you're having a great weekend. Debra x

    ReplyDelete