Thursday, October 16, 2014

Boo-tiful Day

This adorable little Halloween card was inspired by one I saw on Kristina Werner's blog.  The stamps are from a Lawn Fawn set called, Monster Mash. I thought it would be really quick and easy but I couldn't get the monsters as bright as I wanted them.  I tried coloring with Distress inks like Kristina did but I didn't have the right colors.  Next I tried Tombo markers and didn't like that.  Then I tried Copics...didn't like that either because the purples weren't right.  I remembered that reinkers are very vibrant when used as watercolor paint so I tried that and was finally happy with the results! 


Painting with reinkers is easy and fun.  Stamp your image onto watercolor paper (I used Canson Aquarelle that I got at Micheals).  Then use a paint brush and water to paint.  You can blend colors to make new ones, you can add water to soften the color and make it look paler and you can layer colors because they are transparent.  This makes blending pretty easy to do.

Here's a pic of the inside of the card.  Isn't the little baby one-eyed monster cute?  


Thanks for looking :)
Janet

Supplies Used
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn: Monster Mash
Cardstock:  black linen, Canson Aquarelle watercolor paper, purple & green glitter paper, purple swirl paper from a Halloween paper pack
Reinkers: Tsukineko: Lemon Yellow, Poppy Red, Orange, Olive Green, Peony, Chartreuse; Vivid: Purple; Stampin' Up: River Rock
Miscellaneous: Score Tape, foam tape
  

1 comment:

  1. Another fab card! The monsters are very cute especially the baby one. These reinkers do make gorgeous colours although so does your blending :o). Halloween isn't as big an event really in the UK so we don't send cards unless invites to a Halloween party. Last year we only got one trick or treater so my hubby ate the leftover candy and then diet the next week! Have a Happy Halloween. Debra x

    ReplyDelete