Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Roses For You

I like to have cards on hand to send when I need a quick thank you card or I hear someone is having a bad time.  I used the master board idea to make these.  Here are two of the thank you cards that came out of the effort.  I ended up getting 12 cards from one master board.



The process was pretty simple and I really liked the outcome.  I started out stamping the rose, leaves and little circles from Simon Says Stamp's Roses for You set all over a piece of 9 x12 sheet of white watercolor paper.   I used Canson 90 lb. watercolor paper from Micheal's,  Versafine ink and white embossing powder.  


Next I took out my Ranger Distress Inks and smooched them onto my craft mat.  I added a little water to each color to make them softer.  Then I put the color on randomly using a water brush.  The colors I used were Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough.  Once the background was finished, I painted in the roses and leaves using the same colors but didn't water them down as much so the colors would be more vibrant.  I added Festive Berries, Wild Honey and Mowed Lawn to the color palette to change the flowers/leaves up a bit. It didn't take a lot of time to do this and I found it very relaxing and fun!  Here is how the master board looked when it was finished.



Here is a close up, I avoided painting in the little circles so there would be pops of white throughout.






































I then cut the master board into 12 pieces 2"x 4 1/2".  I cut a mat out of white card stock using the Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangular Stax from My Favorite Things.  I used my cutter to cut a 1 1/4 x 4" rectangular opening in the mat 5/8" from the right side and from the top. I stamped random sentiments in black and then attached the layers using foam tape.  To finish the card off I added little translucent drops using Nuvo Jewel Drops.  I like the way they catch the light.  







































And here is the inside...  






































I hope you like my cards today.  I have another version of the same design that I will share tomorrow.

Have a happy creative week!
Janet 



2 comments:

  1. These are just wonderful Janet! Love the stamps, which you've used to make such a fabulous master board, and your colour palette. The card design is so simple but this lets your painted pieces shine out and the Nuvo drops are perfect finishing details. This is definitely something I'd like to have a go at if I had the stamps to do it. They're delightful! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning! It takes me to a spring day. Beautiful coloring on the background!

    ReplyDelete