Monday, April 23, 2018

By the Beautiful Sea

Since making the castle bridge card back in February, bridge cards have become one of my favorites!  They are so versatile and you can make lots of different things with them, especially when you add hidden insert tabs like those used in a shadow box card!!  The inspiration for this card was a card I saw on Pinterest made by Monica Maier.  I made a beach scene using the Life is Good stamp set from Lawn Fawn.  It is a cheery little set that is fun to use and to color.  Who doesn't love a day at the beach?!


Before starting assembly I stamped the background with a tiny honeycomb pattern in a color close to the card stock I used.  I stamped some seagulls from the Life is Good set in black ink, too.  I cut some waves using a retired wave die from MFT.  They have this one now and it would look just as good!  I put some insert tabs spaced evenly into the U shape of the bridge card onto which I attached the waves. Next I cut some hills using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders out of a camel colored card stock for the sand and glued them on to form the bridge card.  I just love how the stitching detail looks on my beach!!  I just found Scrapbook Pal for ordering stamping supplies.  They are great!  They have discounted prices, they ship quickly and they offer free shipping on orders over $25!


Next I cut out two little sailboats using the sailboat die from Impression Obsession (IO).  I cut them out of white card stock and used Copics to color the bottom of the boats.  The last step was to stamp and color the cute little beachy elements from the Life is Good set.  I stamped them onto Papertrey Ink's Select White card stock.  It is heavy weight so it's good for die cutting and works well for blending with Copics.  Here is a close up...


I hope  you liked seeing my card today.  Thanks for stopping by, wishing you a happy heart and a happy day!!
Janet



4 comments:

  1. What a fun bridge card! Love the waves with the little sailboats, so cute. Fab colouring of the Life is Good elements, the crab always makes me smile. Such a wonderful card design.
    I'm just having a go at making a master board like your last card. I think I've over complicated it with too many different stamps, I wondered why it has taken so long to do the embossing. Just got to add paint which I'm not particularly good at doing but I'll give it a go. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. I think my grandchildren would love it. Susan Dotson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is amazing. Do you have the directions on how to make a bridge card like yours (I just need the base.)? I have seen others but like yours the best. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isabel, I cut a piece of cardstock 4 1/4 x 8 and scored it at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 5 1/2 and 6 3/4. I cut the back section down 3/4”. The sand in the front is 5 1/2 x 2 and the water strips inside are 2 1/2 x 3 3/4 and are scored at 3/8” on both sides. Hope this helps 😊

      Delete