Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Hog Heaven Inchies

I have a quick post for you tonight with an inchie card!  Everyone who knows me, knows that I like inchies...a lot.  I've been making cards with them for years!  I think the reason I like them so much is that they focus on my stamps from a different perspective.  They allow me to highlight areas that might not get as much attention otherwise.  For the inchies on this card, I used the Hog Heaven set from My Favorite Things.  It is so cute (I know...you hear me say that every time I use a Birdie Brown set)!  






































I started by punching a 1" square in a scrap piece of card stock to make a window.  Next I stamped the images that I wanted to use.  Then I took the window and held it over the stamped images, moving it around until I found the perfect area to highlight. I then traced the outside edge of the window very lightly with a pencil to mark the portion that I wanted to use for my inchie.  I colored the area inside the pencil square with Copics and then cut each square out on the pencil line. 








































To give the inchies more substance and to make them stand out and really pop I glue them onto 1" square pieces of black chip board.  It makes the inchies look so much better.  I cut these from a 12" x 12" sheet, but if you don't like cutting or you want them very precise you can buy Inchie Arts Art Squares from Ellen Hutson.  The little flower that comes in the Hog Heaven set is the perfect tiny little embellishment for each square!








































I used MFT's Stitched Scallop Basic Edges 2 for the black panel underneath the inchies and MFT's Lucky Prints Paper Pack for the pink part.  This is a thank you card, so I only inked up part of the "I'm TICKLED PINK for you" sentiment.  I stamped it and made a flag for the front of the card and tied a little bow using thin black silk ribbon from May Arts.  The card still needed something so I added a 1/4" strip of Silver Sparkle card stock from MFT along the edge.  Inside the card I used the Hog Heaven sentiment that says, "Thank you SOW MUCH"!

Thanks for visiting, Make time to stamp!
Janet
  

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card Janet! I was having a senior moment then (not good when you're 48yrs old!) thinking what are inchies? I then realised (picture me slapping my forehead, doh)that they are inch square pictures (big relief 🙂). I love the picture with the pigs bottom, it's so funny, and the little flower you've used in each inch to tie them together. A really fun card design with great sentiments. I'll definitely have to get an inch square punch and try this type of card. Thanks for the inspiration. Love it! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debra! I'm surprised you've never heard of inches. They are fun and can really make your stamps look totally different! You can use parts of the same stamp or parts of coordinating stamps like I did here. I'll look forward to seeing your "inchie" card when you make it!

      Delete