Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Awesome Birthday

This cheerful little birthday card was made with a Stampin' Up set called Endless Birthday Wishes.  I liked the cute little cake as soon as I saw it.  The set has a lot of great sentiments to go along with it, too. 


I used all of the different sentiments to make my own decorative paper for the background. I chose ink colors that matched the plaid layer that I put behind it. The plaid is from a paper pack from My Favorite Things called Plaid Patterns Merry & Bright .  When I was finished stamping the words I didn't think it was festive enough so I inked up one dot of the dots stamp and used it to stamp dots randomly among the words.  I added some clear Stickles dots, too!

I like interactive cards so I hid a little flip up message on the front of the card under the birthday cake!


I used the MFT Stitched Mini Scalloped Circle STAX to make the flip up.  I folded a piece of pink card stock and placed the die so about an inch of the fold was inside the cutting edge of the die and wouldn't be cut.  Then I cut another complete pink circle to lay on top.  Two white circles for inside and top finished it off. 

I stamped the cake on one of the circles and then I masked off the cake and stand and added some color to the background using my Clarity brushes.  I added some darker ink with a short bristled brush to suggest a table.  Next I colored the cake with Copic markers. To make the cake really special I added some white liquid appliqué for the frosting, put it on a cake stand stamped onto silver mirror card stock and added some glitter to the top of the candles.   Here are a couple of close-up pictures...






































Here is a photo of the inside of the card...


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!!
Janet
 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Birthday card Janet! Love how you created the background, it really looks like printed paper and the inks match the plaid paper perfectly. The little cake is so cute with the frosting and glittery flames. The mirror card makes a great cake stand. The flip up part is a fantastic idea and makes the card that bit more special than it already is. Love it! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debra! I love reading your comments, you are so kind and encouraging 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome with the folded circle. And...thanks to you....I just got my Clarity Brushes. Yahoo! Thanks Janet.

    ReplyDelete