Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sneakers!

If you follow my blog, you know how much trouble I have making masculine cards, but I needed one.  I thought the sneaker die from MFT would make a cute card.  I searched Google for different style Chuck Taylor sneakers and when I found a pair with mustaches, I knew I had to use that idea for my sneaker card!  


The sneaker die is very detailed.  My favorite part is the tiny die that cuts out all of the eyelets.  They look fabulous cut out of gold or silver mirror card stock.  They aren't as difficult as you'd expect to glue on and they are well worth the effort because that little detail gives them the look of real sneakers...so cute!  I added a craft colored twine for shoe laces.
Guys like sports so I decided to put baseballs, footballs, basketballs and soccer balls inside since it went with my sentiment.  I used strips of acetate to attach them to a center spine so when the card is opened they bobble all around!






































You can see the acetate strips a little better in this pic!


Thanks so much for visiting :)
Janet

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Black, assorted DSP, gold mirror card stock
Stamps: none - sentiments were done on the computer
Dies: My Favorite Things LL All Star High Tops, Spellbinders Labels 17 
Miscellaneous: Acetate, twine, Stampin' Up Scalloped Oval & Large Oval 

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card Janet! A brilliant card design and absolutely great guy card. I love the little eyelets in the gold card, they look fab. I'll have to check out the sneakers die! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra, you are so sweet. I really appreciate all of your comments :)

      Delete