Tim's tag this month is beautiful. I couldn't wait to make this one until I realized that the only things I had for making the tag were glossy paper and a handful of alcohol inks. I decided to go with what I had and see if I could make it work. Here is what I came up with...
Making the backgrounds was a blast! I didn't want to stop. The technique is just like the one TH does with his Distress Stains, but the Alcohol Inks are much more vibrant and the addition of gold is really pretty. You have to be careful not to smoosh too much because the colors blend to make mud quickly. After making the background I stamped some butterflies. I used an old Hero Arts butterfly stamp and then added clear embossing paste through a swirly Tim Holtz stencil. I'm hoping you can see it in this photo.
I also didn't have the the frosted sheet that he used to make the 3D butterflies. I used a piece of acetate and I really like the effect that I got when I heated it. When it was hot it was very pliable and you could position it any way you wanted. Once it was cool it would stay in that exact position. Wow...very cool. I'm going to have to think about ways to use this for other things. It's hard to photograph. I hope you can get an idea of how it looks here.
I used some strips from a green alcohol ink background to bring some more color to the bottom of my tag and added a TH number embellishment and a quote. I died some seam binding ribbon with Peeled Paint Stain and Twisted Citron reinker to use at the top of my tag.
This was a fun one and I learned a few new things!
Thanks for visiting,