Friday, September 25, 2015

Butterfly Parade

This is the other card that I made for our Project Day.  I seem to be using these My Favorite Things dies more than any other.  They make beautiful, easy cards :)  I wanted a subtle pattern on the front so I used a stamp by MFT called Simply Circles to make a tone on tone background.






































An acetate window added some interest but also caused a problem because you could see the backs of the butterflies on the inside of the card.  Cutting an additional black lacy butterfly for the reverse sides fixed the problem easily.  


I tried some other color combinations, and I like them but I wish I'd used a bigger sentiment stamp on these. 






































Thanks so much for stopping by :)  Have a great weekend!

Janet


Supplies Used:
Card stock:  Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette, Black and White
Stamps: MFT Simply Circles & Assorted Sentiment Stamps
Ink: Versafine: Black and Versamark
Dies: MFT Flutter of Butterflies-Solid & Flutter of Butterflies-Lace
Miscellaneous: Copic markers, Acetate


1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous Janet! A wonderful design and I love the way you've coloured the butterflies. The cards are all fabulous but I like the sentiment on the first card. Have a great weekend. Debra x

    ReplyDelete