Sunday, June 14, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - June




I have to be honest, I didn't like the 2015 June tag.  I'm not exactly sure why, because I like coffee and everything related to it.  Maybe it was the green color of the background, I can't put my finger on why, but I didn't want to make this tag.  So instead, I looked back at the prior years and decided to make the June 2014 tag instead.  I like the technique to make the background and had fun trying that out.  I used an MFT flower stencil that I had and I like the outcome.  I have the large distress ink pads so it was a bit of a challenge to get the ink onto the stencil without messing up my ink pads.  I ended up using the rectangular sponges from inking tools and that worked just fine.  It's always a surprise to pull the stencil off and see what you have!!  I wish that I had stamped my sentiment a little more to the left so I didn't end up with an empty space between the words and the butterflies, but some vintage sequins from my friend, Kim, helped.  



Thanks for stopping by :)
Janet 

No comments:

Post a Comment