Tuesday, March 26, 2013

By The Tide - Triple Time Stamping

This was a really fun card to make!  I wanted some color for the background so I started off by using Ranger Distress Inks and sponges to build up color.   I splashed on a little water to give it a spotted underwater look.  When the water dried, it looked pretty cool.  Then I stamped the plant with more Distress Inks and the fish with black.  I didn't like how the fish kind of blended into the background, so I used Stamping Up markers and a paint brush to add a little more color.  I liked that, too!  Some YoYo Yellow made the fish eyes come alive! Thanks for visiting!! 


Stamps:  Stampin' Up - By the Tide
Inks: Ranger Distress Inks
     Background: Scattered Straw, Shabby Shutters, Broken China, Faded Jeans
     Stamped images:  Aged Mahogany & Chipped Sapphire and Memories Black
Cardstock:  Cougar Opaque White, Stampin' Up Black
  

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Janet - it works so well triple stamped but beautifully coloured x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet - I love this card and used it as the inspiration for a card I posted on my blog: http://snippetsbyandrea.blogspot.com/2013/05/celebrate-with-guys.html Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete