Sunday, February 18, 2018

MFT 2018 Creative Olympics - Event 1 Stamping Slalom

It has been a very long time since I posted anything here!  Thanks to MFT for inspiring me to get back into the groove!  Their Creative Olympics challenge got me back!  The first event was to create one card that includes at least three separate stamp sets!  That really got me thinking!  I've been making a lot of bridge cards lately and I thought a royal birthday party card might work for this challenge!   I made the castle using MFT's Die-namics Castle. The combo of a bridge card and the castle dies makes a wonderful 3D castle!!



I needed a king and queen for the castle so I used the ones in the Magical Dragon stamp set from MFT.  Of course, I had to use a dragon, too!  


The second MFT stamp set that I used was Birthday Bears. This set has a lot of party accessories that fit well and looked great with all of the characters on the card!! I used the balloon, gift packages, party hat and sentiment from this set.


I needed some little party goers for the right side of the door, so I used the chick from The Whole Herd stamp set.  I added the tiny package from Birthday Bears so they would fit in with the party theme!   The owl from the Friends in the Forest set looks so cute in his party hat, it looks like it was made just for him!


The amazing thing about bridge cards is that although they look big, they can be folded flat to fit into an envelope!  I used my envelope maker and 12 x 12 paper to make a square envelope for this card.


If you have a minute you should take a look at the MFT Blog.  There are lots and lots of really fun and inspirational cards for each of the four Olympic events.  Also, the MFT Design Team just posted some amazing Chibitronics cards!  You can find their blog here.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a good week!!

Janet












5 comments:

  1. Oh my Janet, you've come back to your blog with a huge bang!!! What the most amazing card! I've not heard of a bridge card before but these is just fantastic. I just love the scene you've created with all your little partygoers in there hats and with gifts too. You must have had so much fun with this. It's made me want to buy everything you've used but I've just promised myself not to buy anymore craft goodies as I've run out of room :D! Marvellous make Janet!! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra! You are so sweet. This was a fun one to make! There are lots of bridge card examples on Pinterest as well as tutorials. I'm sure you could make some fabulous ones with supplies that you already have! Janet xox

      Delete
  2. What a clever card! I love how you incorporated all of the various sets into one card. And your coloring is perfect! The recipient of this card is lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I never would have thought to use characters from the different sets if it weren't for MFT's challenge! It was fun figuring out what would work together! I appreciate your comment 💕 Janet

      Delete
  3. Just came across This side, what a greate and wonderful card. Would have loved to know the size of it.

    ReplyDelete