Monday, December 26, 2016

Polar Bear Gift Card Holder

Wow, Christmas was a whirlwind this year!  I was worried for a bit, but I got everything on my list done! Some of my favorites this year were two gift cards that I made for my niece and nephew.  They came out so cute!  I'm going to post the first one today and the second one tomorrow.  For the first I used the Polar Bear Pals stamp set from My Favorite Things.  It is darling, I couldn't decided  which bear I liked best so I used all but one!  That is the reason I made my gift card a tri-fold card.  I used MFT Circle STAX to cut the sparkly circle and MFT Stitched Circle STAX to cut the snowflake circle and the snowy ground.   The patterned paper I used was from the new Doodlebug line.  I found it at Violette's stamp store in Lakeland, FL.  Here is the front of the card..






































When you open  the first flap of the card, you see the little waving bear from the Polar Bear set.  There is a larger waving bear too so you can make scenes where this little bear looks like he's waving from a distance or you can make it look like he's a youngster.  The Oh What Fun and Believe stamps are from a Penny Black set.  I used MFT's Stitched Rectangle STAX to cut out the white piece for the sentiment.





































When you open the last flap you can see the gift card pocket and more polar bears!  I just love them all!!








































The trees really add to the little scenes.  They come from  another MFT set called Chill Wishes.  Here are some close-up pictures...












































So much fun to make and give as a gift!  Thanks for visiting.  Hope you are having a happy holiday season!

Janet

3 comments:

  1. This is just sooo cute Janet! The polar bears are wonderful, I can see why you had to use as many as possible. A really fantastic card design for a gift card. The recipients must have loved these as much as what was in them too :D. Hope you had a fabulous Christmas. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite things about these cards (and I have many favorite things about them!) is your choice of paper. Such bold choices and they go together beautifully! I also really like the subtle coloring on the bears. I agree with Debra, the recipients must have loved these gifts!

    ReplyDelete