Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Penguin Gift Card Holder

For today's post, I used the same base card format as yesterday's post with different paper and a different stamp set.  I really like how substantial these gift cards feel...is that weird?  The stamp set is another from MFT called Chill Wishes. It contains a bunch of funny penguins that I am in love with.  The look on their faces cracks me up.  They look petrified of something to me...kind of like I did when I tried skiing!  I also like how the artist left their hats and scarfs plain because I had a great time adding stripes and dots to change them up.  





































Keeway Tsao from the MFT Design Team made a card using this set and she made rainbow ski goggles that I thought were adorable so I wanted some for my skier.  I added some Flower Soft to his hat band and pompom to add some texture!  All of the dies are MFT STAX.  The paper I used for this card came from Pinecone Press.  I'm sorry to say that I checked their website and it's no longer available but any coordinating designer card stock in red, white and green would work.  Here is how the card looks with the 1st flap opened






































See what I mean about the petrified look on the penguin's face and the potential to make your own design on the hat?!!  I have to confess that I stamped out about a dozen penguins just to play dress up and see what I could come up with for cute hat and scarf designs!  You can see his hat better in the close up picture a bit further down.  





































Above is how the card looks opened.  Again the pine trees really add to the little scenes.  These small and large tree stamps are both in the Chill Wishes stamp set.  Here are some close-up photos...
















































































































I hope you've enjoyed seeing my gift card holders and that they make you want to get your stamps out to play!  Thanks so much for visiting!

Janet



2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun gift card! The penguins really do look terrified to be on the snow :D. I love how you've decorated their hats and scarves especially the plaid hat. I like a substantial feeling card too, it means a good quality card to me. Another fab make Janet :). Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these gift cards! The glasses and hat on the penguin are colored brilliantly. And the design is so clever! What a beautiful gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete