Friday, February 13, 2015

CAS Valentine

I saw the cutest CAS valentine on one of the blogs I follow, called I'm in Haven.  Thanks to Lisa for her inspiration.  You can see her card here.  Isn't it sweet?  I love all the white space, it really makes the pinks stand out.  I added some stitching around the edge because I just got a Jenome sewing machine and of course had to use it.  You can see that I'm new at sewing on cards because my lines are a little crooked, but I still like how it looks.  I used My Favorite Things Heart Stax to make a base to glue the flowers onto, Blueprints 20 for the scalloped mat layer and Tag Builder Blueprints 3 to cut out the little hearts at the bottom. 







































I made the sentiment for the inside on my computer and added some pink washi tape






































Here is a close up of the flower heart.  I used a Viva Ice White Pearl Pen to make the little pearls in the center of the flowers. 





































Thanks so much for stopping by.  Happy Valentine's Day!

Janet


Supplies Used:
Card stock:  Cougar Opaque 80 lb. white, assorted pinks
Dies: MFT Heart Stax, Blueprints 20 and Tag Builder Blueprints 3
Punch: EK Success small retro flower punch
Miscellaneous: Viva Pearl Pen, Janome sewing machine 

1 comment:

  1. So pretty Janet! A lovely design that you've taken and given your own extra sweet details. I think your sewing looks fab, enjoy your new sewing machine. Debra x

    ReplyDelete