Thursday, January 15, 2015

Get Better With Age

I saw this card in an Impression Obsession advertisement a few years ago...I bought everything to make it...and never did until now!  I wonder if any of you do things like that??!!  I made it now because I thought it was perfect for friends who like wine as much as I do!  I like how all of the stamps coordinate with each other.  Here is the front of the card...


There is a little pocket on the front of the card to hold the wine bottle.  If you wanted to, you could write a special message on the back of the bottle.  That would be cute!  I didn't have a die to make the pocket so here are the measurements in case you ever want to make one...
     •  Cut card stock 3"x 4 1/2"
     •  Stamp grapes in random pattern 
     •  Holding in landscape position, score at 1 1/2 and 3 1/2
     •  Turn so card is in portrait position and score at 2 1/2
     •  Fold 2 sides in and fold bottom up
     •  Using fold lines as a guide, cut out rectangular section on the bottom right and left
     •  You should be left with a flap in the center section. Angle both sides of this flap so it         
         will fold up neatly and won't show from the front.
     •  Glue or tape back seam and bottom flap
     •  The mat for the pocket is 1 7/8 x 2 3/8

Here's a picture of the wine bottle out of the pocket...


This is the inside of my card.  I found the sentiment on-line and used my computer to make it.  The side is decorated with Washi Tape!


Please comment if you have time.  I love reading what you think!

Thanks for visiting. 
Janet

Supplies used:
Stamps:  Impression Obsession:  Leigh Hannan Flourish, Grapes, Wine Bottle 
               and Wine Vine (they have a clear set now that includes all but the flourish)  
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up: Gumball Green, Rich Razzleberry and River Rock
Inks:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Old Olive
Copics:  
     Grapes on pocket: V06, V09, V17
     Wine bottles: V04, V06, V09, V12, V17,  YG17 & YG67
     Cork:  E43 & E45
Miscellaneous:  ribbon, washi tape, clear Stickles glitter glue 


No comments:

Post a Comment