Thursday, March 13, 2014

Card in a Box Bouquet

I've seen so many of the cards in a box on Pinterest lately that I was itching to try one.  I looked at lots of tutorials and found that there were quite a few different measurements that I could use. I made a sample that would fit in an A2 envelope but it was too small because I wanted to use Stampin' Up's Flower Shop stamps.  I found another tutorial but the measurements were in centimeters and I couldn't figure out the conversion, so I took a piece of 8-1/2 x 11 card stock and figured it out!  I'll put the measurements I used at the bottom of this post in case you are having the same problem that I had.  Here is how my card came out!






































And here is a side view.  There are lots of tutorials for assembling this kind of card on line.  Just do a search and you will find one.






































The really amazing thing about this kind of card is that it folds flat and can go into the mail!  It has real WOW potential!  I know I will be making lots more of these!







































Here are the measurements I used

Fits in envelope that is 5-3/4" x 8-3/4"

Cut card stock 10-1/2" x 8"

With 10-1/2" side up at top of score board….Score at 2-1/2, 5, 7-1/2 and 10

Turn so 8" side is up at top of score board….Score at 4

Cut extra piece of same color 3-1/2" x 3-1/2"  ….Score this piece at 1/2 and 3 and cut in half (1-3/4)


Measurements for mats

For back of box 
Large mat is 7-3/4" x 2-1/4" ……smaller mat 7-1/2" x 2"

For flaps and bottom

Large mat is 3-3/4" x 2-1/4"…..  smaller mat is 3-1/2" x 2"

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Stampin' Up Flower Shop
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Whisper White, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Taken with Teal, DSP 
Inks: Stampin' Up Cool Caribbean, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Taken with Teal
Dies :  My Favorite Things Royal Leaves

Miscellaneous: Stampin' Up Pansy Punch, 1-1/4 Circle Punch, 1-3/8 Circle Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch,  Art Institute Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment