Friday, February 15, 2019

January Class at the MFT Boutique

For my January class I wanted to teach my students a fun technique using MFT's Peek-a-Boo Wheel.  If you cut a large circle window into the front of your card and have the wheel spinning behind it you can get some cute effects!  The first card uses MFT's Cute Chemists set.  I stamped the test tubes and puffs of smoke along with lots of hearts on the wheel that spins, then used the boy chemist to stand in front and cover the brad in the center.  As you spin the wheel, it looks like a storm of explosions!!  






































MFT's Small Brick Wall stencil and the Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink  add some great texture to the front of the card.  This little guy is fun to color, especially his hair!!  Here's a close up...







































For the second card, I used the Peek-a-Boo Wheel again but this time used it to make sheep appear to be jumping over a fence as you turn the wheel!  Fun, right??!!  






































The sheep from MFT's Over the Moon for Ewe set were stamped 3 times on the wheel and colored.  This time, I used a fence to cover the brad.  I cut a hill using the Downhill Slope Die-namics from MFT then added some dots with the Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot Background stamp.  It's one of my favorite because it makes everything look better!!  I used the fence and flowers from the Over the Moon set to cover the brad and the other sheep on the wheel.    Everybody loves playing with these cards!!

The third card uses one of MFT's stamp sets designed by Stacey Yacula.  Her little animals are darling!!  I've been a fan for a long time and I'm very excited that she is working with MFT now!!  The little bird on this card is from the Tweet Friends stamp set.  He is so sweet and full of joy that you can't help but smile when you look at him!


I used A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 1 Die-namic to cut the card front and used two different papers from the Sweet Stack paper pack to add a a little more color.

I hope you liked my cards and they inspire you to take some time to stamp!  Thanks for stopping by :)

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment