Monday, August 20, 2018

August 18th Class at the MFT Boutique

I taught my 2nd class at the MFT Boutique on Saturday and it was a blast.  I had the most delightful group of students, and they all did a fabulous job on their cards!!  For the first card, we made a birthday pendulum card using MFT's Aussie Animals stamps and Die-namics.  We also used a few stamps from the Birthday Bear set to add some birthday embellishments.  






































I took a video to show you how the koala's branch shakes when you rock the card, but my computer won't let me download it (I really need a new computer).  I'll post the video on my Instagram account at Bizzy32765, so you can look there if you want to see it in action :)  I made the base of this card by tracing around the cover of a large oatmeal container because I didn't have a circle die big enough.  The oval for the sky was cut with MFT Oval STAX 1 and the mat was cut with Inside & Out Stitched Oval STAX.  The grass was cut with Grassy Fields Die-namics and the sentiments were stamped onto Slanted Sentiment Strips






































The second card was an encouragement card using Love BUGS and Love BUDS stamps and dies from MFT.  The background for the card was stamped with the Bundles of Blossoms background stamp and Versamark ink and then embossed with clear powder.  It was then inked with Distress Oxide inks, Peacock Feathers, Lucky Clover and Twisted Citron.  Blending with Oxide inks is such a pleasure!   


Once the blending was finished, I cut the piece down using the Stitched Rectangle Frames Die-namics.  This gave me a cool looking blended frame that I could use for another card (see below) and the piece that I needed for the center of my card.  I cut another frame from Tropical Teal card stock using the same frame die, then I attached the frame to the card using foam tape and added the flowery piece in the center.  I added the Sending Hugs and embellished it with the ladybug from the Love Bugs stamp set and some bright flowers that were stamped with the Love Buds stamp set.



Below is the card that I made using that spare frame from the card above!  I love getting 2 for 1!!  I used the same sending hugs cut from card stock that was inked up with the 3 oxide colors used on the background of the card above. Then I cut some flowers using the Love Buds Set. Love Buds is quickly becoming one of my favorites, it works with everything!!


The last card was a quick and easy one using the crocodile from the Aussie Animals stamp set.  I thought he would make a good "guy" card with "you party animal" as the sentiment!  The grass is cut from Safety Orange and Elf Green card stock using MFT's Grassy Edges Die-namics.  The letters for the party animal sentiment were cut with the new Birdie Brown Alphabet dies.  They are tiny but  perfect to use on cards!!






































The "party animal" needed a nice big balloon and the one from the Pure Innocence Cupcake Day stamp set was perfect! He needed a goggly eye, too!!  Here's a close up...


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you liked the cards today.  

Janet

1 comment:

  1. Three fantastic cards but the first is definitely my favourite. I've never seen a pendulum card before, such a clever card design. Your class must have had a fabulous time making these cards. Wish I was there to join in. Debra x

    ReplyDelete