Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween Shadow Box Card

This shadow box Halloween card looks a lot more complicated than it was to make!  The pieces were all made with dies except for the shadow box part.  I was really happy with how spooky it looked when it was finished!







































The back layer was made with pieces from MFT's Spooky House die set.  I used the house, the moon and the bat.  The next two layers were made using a die set from Impression Obsession called Halloween Landscapes.  I die cut them in white and used Copics to color the pumpkins, tree and grave stones.  I left the little fence white.  I didn't want to dry out my dark green marker so I used acrylic paint to do the ground.  Painting was a much quicker way to color the grass and it dried to a nice chalky finish!  I used the fence die from MFT's Spooky Scene.  I just looked for a link and it's been retired :(







































To make the card as dimensional as possible, I glued the 2nd layer in between the 2 shadow box pieces on the left side and glued the front layer with the gravestones between the shadow box pieces on the right.  Here's another close-up picture...


I saw this quote somewhere and thought it was funny and perfect for a haunted house card!!    I used my computer to make the message!






































Have fun tonight and be safe!  
Janet 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Halloween box card Janet and the sentiment is just hilarious :D! Fantastic combination of dies, it's a great card design. It really is a spooooky card! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fun take on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete