Thursday, April 28, 2016

Build-able Bouquet

I finally had some time to play with my new MFT Build-able Bouquet stamp set.  I just love how whimsical they are.  They are beautiful flowers but don't look like any real flower so you can color them any way you want!  I did have one bit of trouble when I went to cut the flowers out with the dies.  When I tried to line up the flowers with stems inside the dies, they didn't line up and didn't cut right.  If I lined up the flowers, the stems weren't right and if I lined up the stems the flowers didn't line up right.  I'll have to give some thought to this the next time so it will work.  I stamped 2 of each stamp in the set and then colored them all in coordinating colors and cut them out.  I used most of the flowers and leaves on my first card.  It was fun arranging them and rearranging them until I got a flowery corner that I liked!  






































For my second card, I used the left over flowers and my Blueprints 13 dies.  I used Peerless Watercolors to make both backgrounds.  I got some good news about Peerless Watercolors today.  I've had mine for a long time and I am just about out of my favorite colors.  I contacted the company and found out that they will be selling individual dry sheets of color very soon!!!  I was thrilled!





































Thanks for looking and for visiting!

Janet

Supplies Used:
Stamps: MFT Buildable Blooms
Dies: MFT Build-able Bouquet, MFT Blueprints 13, Lawn Fawn Hugs, Impression Obsession 
                 Get Well Soon
Cardstock: Black Linen, SU Garden Green, Canson Aquarelle Watercolor paper, White  
                 Cougar Opaque
Miscellaneous:  Peerless Watercolors
  

No comments:

Post a Comment