Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Lovin' the Penguins in Paradise Palm Tree!

I don't know if you are like me, but I am very influenced by my friends.  They buy something, I need it...they make something, I want to make it...they try a new technique, I want to try it!  Well that's been happening to me a lot lately and I ended up making cards because of them!!  First my friend, Tina, has been making and posting some REALLY cute dog cards.  Of course, this made me think of making a dog card.  I had a cute little dog stamp from a discontinued MFT set called Cupcake Cutie and I decided to use that stamp with the MFT Penguins in Paradise palm tree stamp that I LOVE!!  Here is how it came out...


Don't you love that palm tree???  It's so much fun to color and it isn't bad to cut out either.  There are dies to match the set if you don't like cutting, but I didn't want the white border so I cut it by hand. To frame out my scene I used MFT's Stitched Rectangles Frames.  I didn't add a sentiment yet because I'm not sure what I'm using this card for.  I'll add a Happy Birthday or Thinking of You later.  Here's an angled picture so you can see what's popped up.


The right side of the card looked bare so I added the little sand pail.  It's a die from Impression Obsession.  It comes in a set with sand castles, an ice cream cone and the pail & shovel.  Oh...almost forgot the sun, that's a Lawn Fawn die called Spring Showers.  I colored the sky with blue and purple Pan Pastel tints.






Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Janet

Supplies Used:
Card stock: Papertrey Ink white, Stampin' Up Confetti Kraft, Summer Sun and 
Bermuda Bay
Stamps: My Favorite Things - Penguins in Paradise and Cupcake Cutie (retired)
Copics:  Sand - E42, Water - BG13, Palm Tree Leaves - YG01, YG03, YG 17 & YG67, 
Palm Trunk - E59 & E87, Dog - W0, W03, W05, E42, E43, E44, B23 & E21,
Balloon - RV00, RV02, RV04 & RV06
Dies: MFT Stitched Rectangle Frames, Lawn Fawn Spring Showers, IO Mini Beach Fun Set
Miscellaneous:  Silver metallic Pilot marker, Pan Pastels - Pthalo Blue and Purple tints

1 comment:

  1. Your card made me smile! Love the dog as he is rather cute and your palm tree is brilliantly coloured Janet. What your call a pail and shovel, we call a bucket and spade. It's a great finishing detail and dies I would love to own. See you're having the same effect on me as your friends do on you :D. Debra x

    ReplyDelete