Saturday, May 2, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - May



I couldn't wait to see what Tim Holtz had in store for us this month!  It's only the 2nd of the month and my tag is already finished!  Making these tags is really fun!  When I saw the one for this month my first thought was, Yikes...there's a lot of stuff on this one!  As usual though, once I got started it wasn't bad at all.  I didn't have any old timey photos so I found one on Pinterest and printed it out and I didn't have any craft colored burlap so used the  white burlap that I had and stained it with with Ranger Old Paper Stain.  Here is how my tag came out...





































I followed Tim's directions as best I could with what I had.  What do you think?  I never would have thought this one up myself.  It's busy but I really like it!  Here's a close up...



I printed the girl's picture onto white card stock and it didn't look right but once I distressed the edges and put some Brushed Corduroy ink on them, it looked much better.  The cancellation stamp and signature made it look more authentic, too!  Love that :)  The expense list was cut from an old receipt page that my friend Wynema gave me.  I sure wish I'd collected this kind of ephemera in the past, it is so cool!  The Bliss disc came from another friend.  I distressed it with some Ranger alcohol ink. The arrow is made from a Stampin' Up punch.  I punched it out of black card stock 5 times and silver metallic card stock once and then glued them together.






































I wanted the flowers to be small and soft looking so I cut 4 layers of white tissue paper all at once with the MFT small rolled roses die.  It was kind of a pain to roll and glue because the layers separated but it was worth the effort. I sponged some color on the edge with Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  





































I LOVE the buttons on the pin!!  Leave it to TH to think of doing that!  It's a wonderful embellishment!  The zig zag stitching is fun too!

I have another tag to show you because my friend Alita made one and let me take pictures of it!  I can't give you all the particulars because I wasn't paying close attention to the colors she was using and exactly what she was doing but it is gorgeous and I'm so happy she let me share it with you!  Here's her tag...






































And here are a few close ups...  







































I hope you enjoyed seeing our attempts at this month's tag.  If you haven't tried this challenge, you should.  I think you would really like it!

Janet

3 comments:

  1. Wow you've done it again! They're both fantastic but I love the differences between them. Your photo looks lovely distressed like that and the roses are so pretty. I'd love to know what you're going to do with them when you've made the whole set of twelve? I'm not sure I could part with these beauties. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous tag. I really appreciate all the close up photos too.

    ReplyDelete