Friday, April 3, 2015

Happy Easter

I found the most beautiful die on a recent trip to Violette's in Lakeland!  It is an Impression Obsession die called Easter Cutout Square.  It is so delicate and pretty that I knew I needed it to make Easter cards this year.  I got out a bunch of pastel card stock and had a great time mixing and matching them to make my cards!  I kept them simple because I wanted the die cut image to stand out...


I was a little bit nervous because we all know how tricky intricate dies can be and I was cutting out a lot of them.  I decided to use folded dryer sheets underneath the die and card stock to help in removing all of the tiny little pieces.  It worked great.  I still had to poke some of the pieces out but lots came out on the dryer sheet too.  Here's a close-up of the pink version... 







































I used a bunch of different colors of card stock and I honestly can't decide which one I like best!  I wanted the die raised off the surface of the card so I put foam tape behind the larger areas and used dots of silicone glue on the tinier ones.  Once the glue dried, the square was very sturdy!






































Supplies used:

Stamps: none
Dies:  Impression Obsession Easter Cutout Square
Cardstock: Stampin' Up: Almost Amythest, Pixie Pink, Mint Melody and Coastal Cabana and    
White Cougar Opaque

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful weekend and a happy holiday!
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment