Friday, July 5, 2013

One Layer - Crayon Resist Cards

I found out that I really don't like making one layer cards.  I admit they are easy and quick and I'm ok with how the cards turned out...but the stress involved when I was trying to figure out how to make one piece of card stock folded in half look good made me a little bit crazy!  I put my big girl panties on, got some glossy white card stock and my Ranger Distress Stains and Ink Pads and went to town!  Here are the two cards I came up with.  One layer is still weird to me and I don't think it will become a standard fare, but I rose to the challenge!!

On the first one I wanted the look of a layered greeting so I used a die to cut the shape out of Eclipse Masking Paper.  I stuck it on and stamped the leaves with black Staz-On.  I wanted some white spaces to complement the center so I used the crayon resist technique and colored the leaves before adding the ink.  After the background was complete I rubbed off the wax from the crayon with a paper towel and colored some of the leaves with a Copic marker.




























For the 2nd card I used the same stamps but didn't use the mask.  These were fun to make, but it was really difficult for me to stop myself from layering them onto something else and adding embellishments!!


Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Dylusions - Around the Edge, 
                 My Favorite Things - Complimentary Greetings 
Cardstock:  Glossy White 
Inks: Staz-On - Black
         Ranger Distress Ink Pads - Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, 
                                                         Mustard Seed
         Ranger Distress Stains - Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, 
                                                     Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint, 
                                                    Tumbled Glass
Copics: G99
Dies: My Favorite Things Die-namics - Textile Rectangle Frame
Miscellaneous:  White crayon, Black Sharpie pen, paper towels, sponges  



No comments:

Post a Comment