Monday, February 20, 2012

MFT Better Get Better

You're going to think I'm obsessing about MFT's Sweet Innocence girls and you might be right!  I have another one to show you today!  I watched the tutorial for the Herringbone technique on Splitcoaststampers and wanted to try it.  The technique is easy, relaxing, fun and a great way to use up all those decorative paper scraps that you've been holding onto!  I made herringbone backgrounds all afternoon and I still wanted to make more!  One of the best parts is that they all come out different and really pretty.  The last one I made was an experiment.  I had an odd mix of colored strips left that didn't necessarily go together but I did the herringbone thing with wild abandon and it still came out great!  I expected to throw that one in the trash, but nope...I'm definitely using it.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janet - came to you via KC and signed up as a follower (think it important we support one another) so I can look at all the delectable things you do. Love this herringbone and just to say you can also do Bargello with those bits. I once did it at a Stamp Camp of Caths - must find the display sheets and maybe do a tute on my blog.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neet, I'm embarrassed to say that I just realized that people were making comments on my Blog. I'm just learning and didn't see this post until just now. I'm very honored that you are following me. I agree we have to support each other. I really enjoyed this technique, it is so simple and effective. I'll have to look up Bargello and try it. I'm going to look for your blog and follow you, too! I learn so much from the KC girls. I love being part of the group!!

      Thanks again...sorry it took me so long to respond.
      Love,
      Janet

      Delete