Monday, October 7, 2013

Flying Cupcakes

I tried my hand at the "Flying Easel" card that I've seen all over the internet!  It was fun and a lot easier to make than I expected it to be!  The trick is finding a symmetrical stamp to hang in the opening.  It would work for butterflies, Christmas trees, stars, ornaments.  I know I'm fickle, but this is my new favorite layout/fold!  If you want to try it, Google, Flying Easel, and you will find lots of tutorials and videos. 

Here is a view of the card closed...






































I stamped the cupcakes 4 times on typing paper, colored them with copics and glued them together with a string in the middle.  That way when the card is in the open position, they can be spread out and it gives a real 3-D look to the cupcakes as they swing in the opening...so cute!!  It makes me want a cupcake!! 






































Thanks for visiting, have a stamping kind of day!

Love,
Janet

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Stampin' Up Crazy for Cupcakes, Heritage Farms greetin
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Designer paper, Doodlebug Designs Inc.
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black
Copics: Sorry, didn't keep track for this one.  
Dies: MFT Rounded Banner Stax
Miscellaneous: Washi Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment