Friday, August 3, 2018

July Class at My Favorite Things

I have some big news!  I am teaching classes at the MFT Boutique in Eustis, FL!  I still can't believe it, but I'm very excited and happy to have been invited!  It's like a dream come true!!  This post is going to be long so I'm going to get right to the cards from my July class.

The first card is a Box in a Card fold using the Splendid Swans stamp set and dies from MFT.  This stamp set is peaceful and beautiful and I really like the variety of swans, the cattails, vines, lily pad and lily that are included. I cut the base card using Wild Wisteria card stock.  The layers are Neenah Solar White and Lavender Fields.  To add some tiny dots to the Lavender Fields layers I used the Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot background stamp and Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink Pad.  If you like dotted paper, you need this stamp.  It is fabulous!  I know I will be using it all the time.  Here is the front of the card...



The sentiment box on the front was cut with Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames and Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX, and the swans and cattails were cut from No-Line coloring card stock and colored with Copic Markers.  

When you open the card and push on the right side, a box forms with a scene inside.  I really enjoy making little scenes so this is one of my favorite folds.  



The oval window for the little scene and the oval for the sentiment were cut with the Inside/Out Stitched Oval STAX Die-namics.  I used the Splendid Swans, Grassy Fields, Puffy Clouds and Stitched Circles STAX Die-namics to complete the inside of the card.  Here is a close up...







































The second card was a fun celebration card with a flap fold. It's always fun when margaritas are involved, right?  I cut 2 margarita glasses using the Margarita Shaker Window Die-namics.  The glass extends over the edge of the front so there is a matching glass inside of the card.  The inside of the glass is inked up with Sour Apple Hybrid ink and covered with Clear Wink of Stella so it shimmers and looks especially delicious!  The front of the card was inked using the Geometric Stars Stencil and Sour Apple, Summer Splash and Lemon Chiffon Hybrid inks.  I used the same colors to ink up a piece of card stock and used Cheers Die-namics to cut out the sentiment.






































Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville song came into my head when I was making this card so I had to include the parrot from the Polynesian Paradise stamp set!  He was colored with Copics and attached to a circle cut with the Stitched Mini Scallop Circle STAX.  I used a Copic marker to color around the edge of the circle instead of making another layer.  The opposite side of the flap has a matching circle with green around the edge that says, Sip, Sip, Hooray from the Spirited Sentiments set.  I had to cut the stamp in half so it would fit but no worries, it is really easy to position the two pieces back together.  The polka dot paper is from the Birthday Blowout paper pack.

The last card is a beachy friendship card using one of the crabs and the umbrella from the Just Beclaws stamp set and the clam from the Beach Buds stamp set.







































The frame was cut using the Stitched Square Scallop Frames and the Stitched Mini Scallop Square STAX.  I love how they look together!  Stitched Sentiment Strips Die-namics was used for the sentiment and the happy little star is from the Beach Buds set.  The ocean water was cut from metallic card stock using the Ocean Waves Die-namics and colored using the polished stone technique and alcohol inks.  If you've not heard of this technique, google it, there are  video tutorials that show you how to do it.  This technique worked well and gave the water some shimmer and shine!







































I really enjoyed teaching this class and meeting some new friends.  I hope you like my cards!  Thanks for stopping by.  Make time to stamp, it's good for you!!

Janet  

1 comment:

  1. Wow Janet, you've outdone yourself here! Many Congratulations on being chosen to teach in the boutique!!! You must be so thrilled. The students will be really happy to have you as a teacher as your cards are always fantastic just as these are.
    Not heard of that card fold on your first one but you've made a beautiful card with the swans. Always love a shaker card and the colour of the margarita looks delicious 🙂. Love the sea you've created for the second, a technique I've not seen before, great background for the beach buds. Fabulous colouring as usual too. Debra x

    ReplyDelete